As you may already know, FreeeUp is home to many top global online freelancers with strong English communication skills and lots of experience. FreeeUp pre-vets all online freelancer applicants and accepts only the top 1% of freelancers in the fields of eCommerce, digital marketing, web development, and virtual assistance.
But what are low, mid, and expert level freelancers?
On the FreeeUp marketplace, the freelancers are divided into three general levels to help you choose the best one for your needs. Below we discuss the basic criteria of low, mid, and expert level freelancers so you can get an idea of what the levels mean. Knowing what they do, their rates, and how they work helps you to better define the scope of the project and the hours that you will need, and plan out deadlines and budgets.
Low Level Freelancers
Low level freelancers on the FreeeUp marketplace are doers and followers. They are fast learners with skill set experience, although onboarding is required to get them up to speed on what you want them to do. You can expect to pay around $5 to $10 per hour for these freelancers, depending on the specific tasks you are outsourcing. They are also almost always Non-US workers, or freelancers who are from countries other than the US. They are best suited for accomplishing basic tasks and following systems and processes that you already have set in place.
Here are some examples of tasks that you can hire low level freelancers for:
Day To Day Operations
- Data Entry
- Research and Lead Generation – customer lists, social media connections, email collection, products and suppliers search, podcast and blog outreach
- Organization – personal assistant, calendar scheduling, appointment setting
- Bookkeeping – basic accounting
- Customer Service and Tech Support – basic email, chat and phone (canned responses)
- Telemarketing – basic outreach (canned responses)
- eCommerce Operations – bulk listing uploads, checking feedback and inventory, order fulfillment, returns and refunds
- SEO – Analytics reporting
Mid Level Freelancers
Mid level freelancers on the FreeeUp marketplace are those with a specialization, or advanced experience in certain areas. You won’t have to onboard these freelancers in the skill set but only with regard to your company specifics or personal preferences. You can expect to pay around $10 to $30 per hour for these freelancers, depending on the specific tasks you are outsourcing.
Here are some examples of tasks that you can hire mid level freelancers for:
- Excel – formula creation, custom reports
- Content Writing and Editing – Amazon listings, blog posts and website content, business communications and other documents
- Project Management – area-specific management of other workers such as website build, content calendars, eCommerce supplier communication, inventory management, customer service
- Email Marketing – execution of campaigns, some campaign creation
- Translation – eCommerce listings, business documents
- Bookkeeping – advanced accounting
- Customer Service and Tech Support – advanced email, chat and phone (on the spot responses)
- SEO – keyword research, onpage optimization and backlinking, eCommerce listings, social media engagement and relationship building, traffic generation
- Telemarketing – advanced outreach (on the spot responses)
- Marketing and Branding
- Graphic Design – logos, product design, website banners, social media graphics, Photoshop, 3D graphics
- Audio, Video, Photography – creation and editing
- Click Funnels
- Development – marketplace-specific website creation, modification, customization, front-end and back-end, apps and software
Expert Level Freelancers
Expert level freelancers on the FreeeUp marketplace are those with very high level skills and experience. They are consultants and planners, and are useful in certain cases to execute the most difficult and skill-intensive tasks. You can expect to pay around $20 to $50 per hour or more for these freelancers, depending on the specific tasks you are outsourcing. Usually, the first hour or so billed will be dedicated to conducting a discovery phase and creating a proposed plan of action. Once you approve the game plan, the expert can begin to take action. These expert level freelancers can consult, build systems and processes, and even manage projects completely independently from you and only send you reports.
Here are some examples of tasks that you can hire expert level freelancers for:
High Level Tasks
- Excel – Vlookup, Macros, custom reports
- SEO – advanced keyword research, PPC and Facebook Ads campaign creation
- Amazon Merch – designs, listings
- Consultation – online arbitrage, drop shipping, marketplace-specific planning, Amazon private label, social media and email marketing campaign planning
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Management – independent control over website builds, blogs, complete eCommerce operations
- Marketing and Branding
Over to You
So now that the difference between low, mid, and expert level freelancers is clear, it’s time to complete those worker requests! You know what you’re looking to get help doing, and you have a better idea of whether you need low, mid, or expert level freelancers to do it.
List out the different tasks that you need to pass off. Think about the skill and experience level that you need and write that down next to each task – low, mid, or expert level freelancers. Then simply fill out a worker request for each task or project area with the appropriate level and rate range. Having this worked out goes a long way to getting you the best freelancer for your needs.
Julia Valdez is a professional teacher and decades-long lover of the art of words on paper, the stage and the big screen. She spends most of her time doing freelance content and project management, community volunteer work with the Philippine Advocates for Resilient Communities, adventuring with the Greenhouse Christian Fellowship, and sharing lots of laughs over little crazy things.