We live in a world full of technology and remote capabilities that allow companies to hire remote freelancers online. We are no longer limited by geography when it comes to the freelancers or projects that we choose. In fact, more and more companies all over the world hire remote freelancers online to fill the shoes previously worn by office freelancers. And why shouldn’t they?
Hire Remote Freelancers Online to Boost Business
With remote freelancers, businesses are able to find top-notch freelancers from around the world and reap the many benefits of the virtual workforce. These benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Reduced or Eliminated Office Space – If everyone (or even a percentage) of freelancers work from home, the amount of real estate required is drastically reduced or even eliminated.
- Happier and More Productive Hires – Freelancers who enjoy what they do and where they do it are both happier and more productive. This means that they will work harder, produce better quality work and are less likely to leave.
- Work Availability Around the Clock – When you hire remote freelancers online, work never has to stop. Hiring freelancers in different timezones means that work can continue around the clock.
- Differing Cultures and Perspectives – Some of the best groups are made up of people with completely different perspectives and outlooks.
- Access to High Quality Freelancers – Hiring online means that companies can pick and choose from the best talent across the world.
Tap the Global Pool of Remote Freelancers
The online industry is rapidly evolving, and an increasing number of businesses are tapping into the remote freelancer pool as the quality of talent increases. There are so many companies that hire remote online, and if you aren’t doing it yet, there’s no better time to start. The options are broadening, and this is attracting a lot of great talent to the virtual work sphere. No matter what talents and skills your business needs, there is a growing pool of freelancers to fill them. But you need to get in the game before all the good ones are taken!
Work Online to Boost Productivity and Satisfaction
As a freelancer, a virtual environment affords a prosperous career without the hassles of having to sit in rush-hour traffic or even leave the house! In fact, I’m being paid to write this article right now in my pajamas on the couch in my living room. Sounds pretty amazing, right? Here are just a few benefits that you will enjoy as a remote freelancer:
- Control Over Work Times – Depending on the company, you may have completely control over your work times. You can choose to work at the time of day that best suits your needs.
- More Time for Family – With no lost time commuting or getting ready for work, you will have more time available for personal needs.
- Make Money Doing Something you Love – Why not earn a living doing something you actually enjoy doing?
- Control Over your Work Attire – With the exception of video conferencing, you may be able to work full time in your pajamas if you choose.
- Higher Personal Satisfaction – When you are able to make a good living doing something you love to do without sacrificing other valuable activities, life is just better.
If you have ever dreamed of working from home, now is the time to start. You can work as a freelancer or join a company full or part time as a telecommuter. You can choose to work for several different companies or just one. You can choose to work at 4am or 4pm (or anything in between). All you need is an internet connection and the ability to output high-quality work for your clients.
Top 50 Companies that Hire Remote Freelancers Online
To find your dream work at home gig, browse this list of 50 companies that hire remote online. These companies cover a wide range of required skills and pay. You can find remote work no matter if you are an artist or a writer!
- American Express
- Art & Logic
- Neiman Marcus
- Geek Squad
- Smart Office Solutions
- Fire Engine Red
- Go Fish Digital
- Jackson River
- Hippo Education
- Four Kitchens
- Origin Eight
- Time Doctor
- Varsity Tutors
- Working Solutions
- Remote Year
- Help Scout
- AIDS-Free World
Hiring remote freelancers is a trend that is not going away any time soon. In fact, it is growing in popularity by the day. It didn’t take me long at all to find this list of 50 top companies that currently hire remote online. There are thousands more that didn’t make the list. If working from home as an online freelancer is something that appeals to you, start browsing today. Use this list as a starting point or even reach out to your current company to see if telecommuting is an option they will entertain. List your services yourself or choose an online hiring platform to promote yourself. There are thousands of companies covering hundreds of industries that are out there right now searching for virtual freelancers. Whether your skills are related to computer/IT, HR, accounting, law, marketing, sports, travel or something else, there is work available online.
We have a handful of videos all about Hiring remote freelancers on the FreeeUp Youtube channel. Check it out!
Melissa Ricker is a nuclear engineer and a professional freelance writer specializing in career growth, technical writing and online entrepreneurship. She writes a blog, Engineered Motherhood, for working mothers who need help balancing career growth and time management.