Amazon provides basic resources to help sellers manage their stock and orders. However, successful Amazon sellers quickly learn they need more powerful solutions to truly grow their business. That is where a third-party Amazon tool can make a significant difference.
An Amazon tool from third-party seller services can improve the efficiency of nearly every facet of running an Amazon store – everything from sourcing new products, optimizing Buy-Box pricing, creating SEO-focused listings, managing fulfillment, inventory, and more. The challenge is narrowing down the expansive list of options to find the right combination that makes your business operations more efficient.
The following are our top picks for the four types of third-party Amazon seller tools that help increase sales, profitability, and efficiency.
#1 – Keyword, Product Research, and Profit Calculators
Keyword research tools, along with profit calculators, help Amazon sellers identify potentially profitable items in all of Amazon’s product categories. Keyword tools allow sellers to explore Amazon’s search data to identify the most searched products. Once sellers determine which products are the most searched, they can use the profit calculator to determine the cost and profitability. Sellers can make smarter decisions when sourcing products for their business.
There are a multitude of keyword and product research tools out there, but the following four are worth checking out:
- Scope – Perfect for new and growing sellers. Free for basic plan with additionally functionality starting at $59.00 per month.
- Sonar – A free option, best suited for new Amazon retailers.
- Profit Bandit – A great option for any Amazon seller looking at the profitability of new products. Services start at $9.99 per month.
- Helium 10 – Best Amazon tool for sellers with growing businesses who want advanced keyword searches. Plans start at $97.00 per month.
#2 – Price Management and Repricing
Amazon repricing tools are great for sellers to stay competitive. Repricers monitor seller’s listings and adjust product prices up or down depending on competitors’ actions. Sellers set parameters based on Buy Box pricing targets and profit strategies and the repricer automatically adjusts.
Our favorite repricers include:
- Appeagle – Great Amazon too for sellers who also use eBay and Walmart. Pricing starts at $100.00 per month.
- XSellco – Best for larger businesses with high-volume sales. Plans start at $69.00 per month.
- SellerRepublic – Perfect for smaller businesses. Plans start at $8.95 per month.
- RepriceIt – Good for sellers with advanced pricing parameters. Starts at $9.95 per month.
#3 – Feedback and Review Management
Personalized emails yield better results when requesting feedback and product reviews. Amazon Pro Sellers can send automatic, personalized emails to request feedback from buyers, but smaller-volume sellers do not have the option to personalize their emails.
For Amazon sellers who want to have more control and the ability to personalize feedback requests, the following tools are popular picks:
- Feedback Genius – Perfect Amazon tool for all sellers. Free for up to 100 emails per month. Additional plans start at $20.00 per month.
- Feedback Five – Great Amazon tool for all sellers. Free for up to 50 emails per month. Additional plans start at $9.95 per month.
- XSellco Feedback – Great Amazon tool for sellers who also sell on eBay. Plans start at $49.00 per month for up to 5,000 emails.
#4 – Tax, Insurance, and Legal Needs
Amazon sellers must maintain the financial, insurance, and legal aspects of their businesses to stay in good standing with Amazon. Amazon Pro Sellers are required to have commercial insurance on the products they sell and on any Amazon-related operations. In addition, there are Amazon lawyers to help deal with any account disputes that may arise. Keeping accurate records for tax collection, payment, and tracking is essential for Amazon sellers. With all of this in mind, it can seem quite overwhelming for some sellers. Fortunately, there are some seller tools that will help in all three areas.
- AMZ Liability Insurance – Ideal Amazon tool for Pro Sellers. Pricing depends on needs.
- Amazon Sellers’ Lawyer – Good Amazon tool for Pro Sellers requiring dispute resolution. Pricing depends on needs.
- Avalara Tax – Perfect Amazon tool for sellers for tax management. $20.00 per month.
Third-Party Amazon Seller Tools Improve Overall Efficiency
Being an Amazon seller can be challenging. With the intense competition and strict guidelines, running an Amazon business can be intimidating. With the right type of resources, you have a better chance to be successful. The above recommendations are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to third-party Amazon seller tools, but they are a good place to start. There are plenty of other platforms like ShipStation and Ecomdash that streamlines backend operations such as shipping, order routing, FBA management, and inventory syncing. Simplifying various processes will take you to the next level and ensure your experience selling on Amazon’s marketplace will be a positive one.
If you need help to set up and run things, sign up with FreeeUp and submit a worker request to meet suitable workers and make the hire.
Ecomdash is an inventory and order management software for online retailers selling on Amazon, eBay, and more. They focus on providing actionable tips and strategies for building a lucrative ecommerce business.