If you are an Amazon business owner with a thriving online store, you likely already know the value of good help. In order to build a booming business, you eventually have to hire a skilled worker to help with the day-to-day tasks. If you haven’t yet taken that step in your business (and are considering it), you may wonder just how to hire a freelancer for your Amazon store.
The world of online businesses such as Amazon has exploded in recent years. Many successful businesses are making great money and reaching new heights through their digital stores. It is a great way to reach potential customers from all over the world. Because of this recent increase in online retailers, another industry has drastically increased as well. That is the industry of professional online workers. These freelancers are highly trained and ready to help take your business to the next level. Are you ready for the help? If so, this article will detail the exact steps you need to take to hire a freelancer for your Amazon store.
Step 1: Choose the Task to be Delegated
There are thousands of professional freelancers available at the click of a mouse, and these workers vary in skill level, experience and cost. The task that you choose to delegate to your newly hired freelancer will dictate exactly who you need to hire. There are online professionals with the exact knowledge your business requires. The options are truly endless, however there are a few tasks specific to an Amazon business that are popular to outsource.
- Product Description Writers – As you already know, when customers visit your Amazon store, they are going to read your product descriptions. Based on what they read and the images you choose to post, those potential customers will make a decision to purchase. Copywriting specific to product descriptions can be a tricky endeavor. There is a lot that goes into a successful product description. If you are looking to hire a freelancer for your Amazon store, consider hiring one that has experience writing product descriptions.
- Inventory Management – Managing inventory is a time consuming process, but it is one that cannot be overlooked. Your Amazon store relies on having just the right amount of inventory in stock at all times. This balancing act is best left to an experienced professional, and there are many online workers who have that exact experience.
- Customer Service – As a business owner running an eCommerce store, you don’t have the excess time available to respond to every email, review and question. But your customers require that level of service if your business is going to thrive. You want your customers to feel valued and return to make future purchases. With stellar customer service, this can become a real possibility. This is definitely a task worth outsourcing if you are looking to hire a freelancer for your Amazon store.
- Ads Manager – Running any successful ad campaign is an “art” best left to an “artist.” If you try to run your own ads without any experience or training, you may end up getting a poor return on investment. Many business owners take their hand at running ads only to later outsource it to a professional. By choosing to hire a freelancer for your Amazon store that knows his or her way around marketing and ads, you may end up earning more money right away.
- Social Media Management – Social media is a must for almost every business in existence today, especially if your business is predominantly online. The online world is dominated by social media, and you don’t want to miss the opportunity to snag thousands of customers waiting in all of the various social media platforms. However, social media can be a giant time commitment. Hiring a online worker to manage your accounts ensures they are kept up to date with the best content and frees up your time for building your business.
There are many other tasks that you can outsource if you choose to hire a freelancer for your Amazon business. Think of the tasks that consume the most of your time and the ones you are either not proficient at or don’t enjoy doing. Also think of those tasks that do not directly contribute to the growth of your company (even if they are essential tasks). Those are the tasks that you should consider outsourcing so that your time can be spent in a more strategic manner.
Once you have chosen the task(s) you want to outsource, write a specific and clear job description detailing the exact role you want your freelancer to assume as well as all of your expectations as business owner. Having a great job description helps ensure you get the exact worker you need. Include what skills you’d like him or her to have, what training and certifications you’d like to see and which qualities are important to you.
Step 2: Choose your Online Hiring Platform
There are many different ways you can find and hire a freelancer for your Amazon store, but hiring through a reputable online hiring platform removes a lot of the risk associated with remote workers. These platforms help find the perfect worker for your needs, thoroughly vet them to ensure they are top talent and then ensure you are happy with your choice. Here are a few suggestions on where to hire a freelancer for your Amazon store.
- Freeeup – Freeeup is an online hiring platform specializing in eCommerce needs. This means that your specific needs as an Amazon business owner will be understood and accounted for within the workers available in their marketplace.
- Upwork – Upwork is a well established online hiring platform with great reviews. They offer over 9 million freelancers covering all sorts of different specialties. This platform is known for their quality of work and excellent customer service.
- Toptal – Toptal is an exclusive network of the top talent available online. This platform is a bit pricy in comparison to similar websites, but the reviews suggest they may be worth the extra cost.
- Freelancer – Freelancer is one of the largest online hiring platforms available. They offer online workers in every imaginable expertise, and no job is too big or too small. They offer various membership levels depending on your specific needs.
- Fiverr – Fiverr is known for providing low cost services (starting at just $5). They have all sorts of specialties available and the skill levels of the workers range from beginner to expert. The reviews are mixed so do your research before hiring a worker.
There are many other choices when it comes time for you to hire a Freelancer for your Amazon store. Always compare options carefully and make a decision that fits the needs of your company and feels right to you as the business owner.
Step 3: Hire and Integrate your Freelancer
Once you have identified the tasks and your chosen hiring platform, it is time to hire and integrate your new online worker. In order to build a successful working relationship with your freelancer right from the start, start with these three basic steps.
- Interview – Set up interviews with the most qualified applicants you find who meet all of your job description criteria. Have a list of questions ready to ask to validate the candidate has the skills and qualities you desire. Repeat your expectations and ensure the candidate agrees with your requirements.
- Train your new worker – Even if you hire a freelancer for your Amazon store who is highly trained, there will still be some level of training required. Make sure your new hire knows how to use all of your software, how to get in touch with you when needed and what to do in certain situations. Spend a little time training your new worker, and it will be well worth the investment. As time goes on, make sure you are providing continued training as needed.
- Manage your freelance worker – Just as with any employee, your freelancer will require ongoing management from you. Ongoing communication is essential to a successful working relationship. Encourage two-way communication so that your worker is comfortable reaching out to you with any issues that may pop up. Here are some tools you can use to manage online employees once you choose to hire a freelancer for your Amazon store.
Why You Should Hire a Freelancer for your Amazon Store
In just three simple steps, you can hire a freelancer for your Amazon store. Doing so might be the wisest business decision you’ve made so far as the business owner. Not only will hiring online help free up your valuable time, hiring experts will ensure that the job gets done in the most efficient and profitable way possible. Many entrepreneurs and Amazon business owners reflect back on the decision to hire help as the choice that propelled their business and gave them the freedom they yearned for. Running an Amazon business can be highly profitable and enjoyable if done correctly. By hiring a skilled freelancer to help run your store, you can truly take your business to the next level.
Melissa Ricker is a nuclear engineer and a professional freelance writer specializing in career growth, technical writing and online entrepreneurship. She writes a blog, Engineered Motherhood, for working mothers who need help balancing career growth and time management.