Making money online doesn’t have to be difficult. If you are a freelancer who is ready to make money freelancing, this article is for you.
- No more hunting and constantly pitching clients!
- No more struggle to prove your skills!
- No more empty queues!
The FreeeUp marketplace is a platform designed to help freelancers make money freelancing, and it may just make your freelancing dreams come true. Here is everything you need to know to get started today!
The Application and Interview Process
The first thing you need to know about how to make money freelancing on the FreeeUp marketplace is that Freeeup pre-vets all of their freelancers. They are going to vet you out to ensure that you are a great fit for the platform. The founders of FreeeUp take great pride in the quality of their freelancers. So, how do you know if you might qualify?
- Do you have skills that are in demand for the online world? Think writing, social media, Amazon, Shopify etc. There is a lot that goes down online, and a wide variety of skills are required. If you don’t have these skills yet, consider learning them or getting certified.
- Are you responsible? Once a client hires you on FreeeUp, you will be held accountable for the work you agree to complete. You must be ready to meet deadlines and keep your clients up to speed on the status of your project. You must be ready to deliver quality work.
- Do you communicate well? Communication is key for a successful freelancer. In order to make money freelancing, your clients must trust you. You must build a relationship with them. They need to know how to reach you, and they must be able to give feedback (both good and bad) without issue. You must also be able to reach out and give feedback to your clients. Communication skills are essential.
Does that sound like you? If so, keep reading!
You must apply in order to be considered for the FreeeUp marketplace. Not all applicants make it through. There will be a questionnaire for you to fill out and then you will schedule an interview. If that makes you nervous, here are some tips to help you fly through the process and start making money freelancing right away.
- Get a portfolio together of your work. This will demonstrate the quality and strength of your skills. If you don’t have any work to show yet, put together a sample. Make sure your portfolio or sample is professional and well put together.
- Update your resume. You want to list your work history, certifications and background in a professional and easy to follow way.
- Gather testimonials. If you have done some freelancing in the past, reach out to your clients and ask for a testimonial. Words from previous clients go a long way.
- Ask questions. When you get to the interview process, don’t be shy. Ask questions. Not only does this make sure the platform is a great fit for you, it also shows your interest and passion.
- Be open and coachable. In order to make money freelancing long term, you must be open and coachable. Show this quality during the application and interviewing process.
Find Work and Make Money Freelancing
Ok, now that you have aced the interview, you need to familiarize yourself with the platform and how to find and apply for open projects.
Luckily, FreeeUp makes this process extremely easy and straightforward. You will have an account created that holds everything you will need to make money freelancing on the FreeeUp marketplace. Once logged into your account, you can head on over to the Open Project Board right away to see which projects are available. Each open ticket will have a description, skill set required and the price range that the individual client is willing to pay for the task. Most tickets will also list some additional details such as number of hours or if the task is ongoing.
If the ticket sounds like something you are interested in, reach out via email or Skype to apply for the ticket. All of the information is on the open project board.
Nail the Interview
The clients will often request a short (15 min or less) interview with the freelancers who seem like great potential fits. Since you only have a short amount of time to impress the client, you will want to make the most of it and be prepared. Here are some tips.
- Be open and relaxed. Clients want to know that you are approachable and fun to work with.
- Be prepared. Have your questions ready and be prepared to answer questions about your work experience and skills. Have examples and portfolios ready to go.
- Be confident. Don’t be shy about your skills. Let your potential clients know how awesome you are. While you shouldn’t be aggressive or overconfident, don’t be afraid to strut your stuff.
Get Approval and Bill Hours
Once a client makes the decision to hire you, it is time to make money freelancing. But before you can begin, you need to get approval and bill hours. It is imperative that you and your new client schedule a meeting to discuss the scope of work and fees. Whether you choose to bill a flat fee for a project or bill per hour, make sure that both you and your client agree on the amount as well as the scope of work. Doing so prevents miscommunications and disagreements in the future.
You will be able to log into the timeclock on the FreeeUp platform where you will be able to bill your client(s). Within the timeclock, you can log hourly work or request an adjustment for flat fee work. If you run into any issues, always reach out to the FreeeUp assistants for help.
Ensure that your hours are correct and logged each week so that you are able to get paid each week. Once you log your hours, the client will approve them before the payment goes out.
See, wasn’t that easy? If you are ready to make money freelancing, it doesn’t have to be complicated. FreeeUp has developed a platform that makes it easy for freelancers to make a great living doing what they love.
Do you have a portfolio ready? Is your resume up to date? If not, spend a few hours developing a professional portfolio and brushing up your resume. This will help make the application and interview process go smoothly.
Ready to take action? Fill out your application today to become a freelancer on the fastest growing freelancer marketplace! If you have any specific questions about becoming a freelancer, you can email them to Freelancers@FreeeUp.com. They manage all applications to the marketplace and are an amazing group of people ready to help. Hope to see you in the network soon!
Melissa Ricker is a nuclear engineer turned integrative wellness and life coach and a professional freelance writer specializing in career growth, technical writing and online entrepreneurship. She runs her own business, Engineered Motherhood, for moms who have become overwhelmed in the chaos and stress of motherhood so much that they have lost their identity as women. She helps them redefine their lives, rediscover their purpose and streamline their days so that they can live as fulfilled and vibrant women as well as amazing mamas! Oh, and she both works as a freelancer as well as hires freelancers in her business!