If you are an Amazon business owner, it is no secret that you are busy. You know what it takes to research, pack and ship and provide stellar customer service. Now if only you could duplicate yourself a few times. Because it is also no secret that running an Amazon business is not a one-man show. It takes a lot of work to keep your business running smoothly and even more work to grow your business. You may have been able to launch your business and get all of your systems in place by yourself. Chances are that you put in some long nights. That approach may work for a while. Inevitably, however, you will reach a point where you can no longer keep up with the demands of your business.
The good news is that you can hire online pros to help grow your Amazon business. An extra few pairs of virtual hands will help alleviate your workload while allowing your business to grow.
Hire Online Pros
There are online professionals with the exact expertise that your Amazon business needs. These remote workers can do ad-hoc work, project-based work, or be hired for on-going tasks. Consider outsourcing activities that you don’t have the time to complete. You can also outsource tasks that you don’t like. Outsourcing jobs that you don’t have the skills for is a smart move. By choosing to hire online pros for your Amazon business, you will gain back valuable time. With more time in your day, you can focus on the strategic growth of your business. You won’t be wasting any more time with the nuts and bolts.
Do you need help to grow your business?Are you unclear for what positions you can hire online pros?
1. Product Description Writers – Those little product descriptions are what sell your products. Potential customers will scroll through Amazon reading product descriptions. They will decide whether or not to click on and buy your product based on these descriptions. The potential sale hangs in the balance. Buyers make that decision within a few seconds of reading your headline. Once the reader gets to your listing, the description is what will convince them to click “add to cart.” There is a proven formula that helps convert the written word to sales. Unless you know that formula (and have the time to write), this is a position that you should hire online pros to handle.
2. Customer Service Representatives – Customer service is critical to your business. In an Amazon world, customers have choices. Customers can choose to buy from your business or choose to buy from your competitors. They can choose to buy from you again in the future. They can also choose to leave you a negative review. We all know how deadly negative reviews can be for your business. This is true now more than ever with the new and stricter Amazon rules. If you are not focusing on customer service, you are failing your business.
By choosing to hire online pros, you get dedicated help. You will have an experienced professional dedicated to keeping your customers happy. An online worker can answer questions and address any concerns that pop up. They can also follow up with your customers to ensure they are content with their purchase. This amazing customer service will generate return purchases, positive reviews, and referrals. You just don’t have the time to provide this as a business owner.
3. Driving Traffic to Your Amazon Listings – there are two ways that you can increase the ranking of your Amazon product listings. First, you can optimize your listings for backend Amazon SEO through improving titles, descriptions, bullet points, and keywords. Second, you can drive more traffic to your ASINs.
One of our trusted partners, LandingCube, helps Amazon sellers to do exactly that by building landing pages where sellers can drive traffic to which then ultimately leads to their ASINs. To learn more about this strategy, download their guide, “How To Drive Traffic To Your Amazon Listing: A Step-By-Step Guide.”
4. Amazon Web Services – Amazon Web Services (commonly known as AWS) is a cloud computing platform. It is used to improve the robustness of your current system. It can also minimize the impact of any outage that may occur. Most people are not technically savvy enough to set up AWS on their own. Are you like most Amazon business owners? You might be much better off making a choice to hire online pros to help with this technical task. The platform will increase your business’s level of professionalism. Having AWS set up and running also gives you a huge advantage. If you ever run into technical issues down the road, AWS will help. If your AWS is installed correctly from the start, you will get a much higher return on investments.
4. Finance Management– Accounting tasks are tedious and typically not very exciting. Unfortunately for all business owners, they are critical. Mistakes in your finance management can cost you big time. Luckily for you, there are experts online that will be able to take care of all of your financial tasks. They can do everything from paying bills and preparing invoices, They can also keep a close eye on competitor pricing for you. By choosing to hire online pros, you get complete assistance. These experts will also know to implement the best practices and processes to streamline your business.
5. Inventory Management – There is no way around it. You cannot sell on Amazon without sufficient inventory. On the other hand, excess inventory can cost you a lot of money. Managing inventory is a balancing act. It requires a keen eye and a very specific skill set. Experience in the inventory management arena can make a huge difference in your business. This position will be better handled by a pro. They have onboarding and experience in handling Amazon inventory.
Steps to Hire Online Pros
You have an idea of just a few positions for which you can choose to hire online pros. You are ready to let them help with your business. Now you may wonder how to go about hiring them. Hiring online is not much different than hiring someone to work in the office with you. The overall goal is to find the best online worker for your business. This worker will provide long-term support for the growth of your Amazon business. You will need to take this process seriously and take your time.
Follow these proven steps and you’ll have a positive experience. When it comes time for you to hire online pros of your own, you will be ready.
1. Identify the Professional you Need – You must first identify what role(s) you want to fill in your business. Make a list of all of the tasks that you perform on a weekly basis. Choose the tasks that take the most time, that you don’t enjoy, or that you don’t have the skillset for.
2. Create a Job Description – You need to set yourself up for success along with a newly hired online worker. Therefore, you need a clear description of the role and expectations. You want to recruit and hire online pros that are a fit for your needs. Consider price range, schedule requirements, skills required, and preferred experience. Don’t be afraid to get overly descriptive. When you don’t add in enough detail, you risk attracting a poor applicant.
3. Use a Professional Online Hiring Platform – Consider using an online hiring platform that pre-screens all of their workers. This give you access to the top online talent. Most platforms will provide recommendations for you once they have your job description. You will also have the ability to change workers if you aren’t satisfied. Consider established online hiring platforms such as Freeeup.com, Upwork.com, or Freelancer.com to find potential candidates.
4. Interview Applicants – Set up interviews with the most qualified applicants. You should only interview the candidates who meet all of your criteria. Don’t waste your time on applicants who do not meet your criteria. There are lots of skilled workers looking for work. The last thing you want to do is settle for someone who doesn’t meet your qualifications. Be thorough during your interview. Treat the interview process the same as if you were hiring someone to help in your office.
5. Manage the New Worker – You must manage the new worker as they come up to speed on your business. Your job will be to provide the tools and onboarding they need to perform their job well. Here are some tools you can use to help manage online workers. Building and maintaining a relationship with online workers is critical. Workers perform better in a job where they understand their requirements and feel appreciated.
Take your Business to the Next Level
If you choose to hire online pros for your Amazon business, you won’t regret it. You will finally be able to take your business to the next level. Hiring online workers is a growing trend in the business world. Many Amazon store owners have already taken advantage of it. This strategy has proven to be an invaluable resource to online business owners around the world.
There are top notch workers who specialize in starting, maintaining and growing an Amazon business. These workers may be just what your business needs to grow. The sooner you begin to hire online pros to help grow your Amazon business, the better. You will be able to reap all of the rewards that outsourcing comes with. Focus on the future of your company. Leave the daily tasks to the professionals you hired.
Resist the urge to attempt running a successful business by yourself. It just isn’t feasible for most businesses. Instead, follow a proven process to find and hire online pros. You will find the best workers to handle all the different aspects of your Amazon business. Give yourself the ability to focus on more important tasks. Free yourself from the overwhelming day-to-day necessities of your business. Many business owners find that as soon as they hire online pros, their businesses take off. Have you been dreaming of taking your business to the next level? Perhaps it is time for you to take this step today.
Melissa Ricker is a nuclear engineer and a professional freelance writer. She specializes in career growth, technical writing and online entrepreneurship. She writes a blog, Engineered Motherhood, for working mothers who need help balancing career growth and time management.